OFSTED success for Hayesdown First School
Posted on: 18th December 2018
Following our OFSTED inspection on Wednesday 5th December 2018 we have now received our report and we are delighted to be able to share this with you.
Hayesdown First School Ofsted report 2018
The report confirms what children, parents and staff already knew – that our school is a good school with many excellent features. The report particularly highlights:
- Pupils are courteous and the school is a calm place for learning.
- Pupils are keen and attentive learners.
- Pupils feel safe in school, behave well and are friendly.
- There is a good quality of education in the school.
- Pupils value and take full advantage of the broad curricular opportunities planned for them.
- Parents wholeheartedly agree that their children feel safe in school.
- The overall vision for the school is clear and forward thinking.
- Safeguarding is at the heart of the school’s work .
- The proportion of pupils reaching the higher standards at the end of Key Stage 1 in reading, writing and mathematics is above the national average.
- Pupils in Key Stage 2 make good progress.
- Pupils show skills of arithmetic and problem solving at least at the levels expected for their age.
- The teaching of writing has been improved and standards have risen.
We also have areas where we would like to improve further and we will be working on these into the future; including improving writing outcomes for disadvantaged pupils and in the Early Years.
The school will continue to work hard to provide the highest standard of education for its pupils. We are very proud of all of our pupils and the positive attitudes to learning that they show.
Well done to everyone who makes Hayesdown First School a wonderful place for learning!